(02) 4362 1644
10 Pacific Highway, Ourimbah NSW 2258
Opening hours: Mon-Fri: 8:30am - 7:00 pm
Sat: 8:30am - 1:00 pm Sun: 9:00am - 11:00 am

Online ShopFacebookGoogle+PinterestYoutubeMailto

Flea control

Fleas are a year round problem for cats and dogs, and can also become a burden in the home Like all parasites, fleas need another animal to live off. For the common household flea, dogs and cats are its preferred host. Some pets react to being bitten by developing an allergic reaction that causes them to become intensely itchy, making them miserable and can lead to hair loss and skin infections. Fleas develop in the animals environment, which can inlcude your home, then when mature move to the pet.

Summer fleas at their worst

Fleas are found throughout Australia and are a year-round problem in many areas of the country. However summer is the time when fleas are at their worst.

Like all parasites, fleas need another animal to live off. For the common household flea, dogs and cats are its preferred host. Some pets react to being bitten by developing an allergic reaction that causes them to become intensely itchy, making them miserable and can lead to hair loss and skin infections.

The fleas that you can see in their coat are usually the tip of the iceberg when it comes to problems associated with this parasite. That is because the adult stage of the parasite, makes up just 5% of the total population of fleas. The other 95% of the flea population is made up of flea eggs and other developing stages. These immature parasites are usually well hidden throughout carpeting, bedding, furniture, and other areas of your household.

The importance of prevention

The best way to protect your pet from fleas is prevention. By using safe and effective products you can be sure that you’ve done all you can to protect your pet from the threat of these tiny troublemakers.